Saturday, February 28, 2015

Giving Up Grains Day 24

1 cup chickpea flour, two cups water, pinch sea salt, fry like a pancake in coconut oil.
 Man...I want to make sure I have a record of this...this has been NO easy task.  The first few days of giving up grains my tummy was so swollen I look like I was 7 mos pregnant.  The bloating and swelling has been off and on for the entire process.  Today was the first day I was able to really workout at the gym.  I exercised for an hour and did 3-4 miles.  I was strong...I don't know the exact mileage because the machine resets when I go to pee.  I am anemic and on the mend so this is VERY strong for me.
I gave up grains for many reasons, but what tipped the scales was being out dancing and my tummy feeling bloated.  I thought enough is enough...next thing you know a friend gave up grains and the next day I did too.
I have had dry mouth...thirst...intense hunger...strong emotions...mostly sadness...headaches...foggy brain....moodiness...EXHAUSTION...the works! There is not much written about this process so I wanted to remember to write it all down. 
I have no idea where this journey is taking me, but I will be writing it all down.  Today at day 24 I jogged off and on at a higher speed on the treadmill than I have in years.
I am really enjoying smoothies with bananas, dates and coconut oil.  I love raw fruit and have been eating tons of veggies...cooked and raw...baked potatoes....baked sweet potatoes...nuts...seeds...hummus.  I am not at a loss about what to eat...my body just wanted grains BAD and felt like crap getting used to the idea of not having them.  It has been a big psychological challenge...I have been letting myself eat like crazy when I wanted to, but now my appetite is calming way down.
Here's to the journey. XO  

No comments:

Post a Comment